The counter on the right is giving me a guilt trip. While I am up to 20% on one of my writing goals, the second one remains untouched. So I guess a 10% average. Sigh.
I have run 30 kilometers this week though, does that help? It helps me, actually, with all the leftover election anxiety. I wonder, does an overwhelmed grad student looking for procrastination outlets fall for the news hype easier than an average person? Or is it that we are the type to over analyze things?
The perverse incentives of academia
6 years ago

5 comments:
I'm not certain if it's just procrastination. However, I think you're on to something with the over-analyzing bit. That tends to be a characteristic of grad students.
Good luck with the writing. I would guess that network news is a good procrastination outlet for many people, regardless of field.
I haven't forgotten the meme you tagged me for! =) I'll get to it....l
Amanda - I suspect so :)
The Bean-Mom - thanks! And no worries, I can wait for the meme :)
I'm finding it harder to run now that it gets dark around 530 pm. I'm hoping to get more motivated for morning runs. It happened last friday but not this friday.
Jennie - I try to shoot for morning runs as well, but with the shorter days I find that I am mostly only running on the weekends. I have tried to increase the length of my runs to compensate for the infrequency - perhaps you can do something similar.
Post a Comment