February 21, 2010

Can't quite do a count down, but here goes

Ω(baby) = 0 days
Θ(baby) = 10 days
O(baby) = 20 days

(For those of you not in computer science, the above Greek simply means lower bound, tight bound, and upper bound).

Hmmm, maybe I should be accepting bets ;)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Only 5% of babies are born on their due date. Mine was one day late.

If you're taking bets, I'm gonna go with March 2, because March 1 is the full moon. I predict that you'll start labor/your water will break/you'll check into the hospital on the 1st, but she won't be born until the 2nd. :)

makita said...

Yeah, let's guess. I'm shooting for March 3. It's a pretty date: 03/03

Cloud said...

Hi! I just found your blog from someone's post about your baby shower... I'm clicking around because I'm trapped in a little room pumping milk and I've already read all the sites I usually read. (TMI? Eh, you get used to it once you nurse your baby with a bunch of nurses and a lactation consultant looking on...)

Anyway- congrats on your upcoming arrival! I have two kids, and both times I found the time between "any day now" and "Its a girl!" to be the hardest part of the pregnancy.

Hang in there!

ScienceGirl said...

Rebecca - I have heard about this full moon thing. I do have a friend who is pulling for March 1st (its her birthday, and she is also a Computer Scientist!), but March 2nd happens to be my O.B.'s birthday. We'll see who wins this one :)

Makita - I haven't thought about that, it would be a pretty date. I am definitely glad that 2-29 is not an option this year!

Cloud - oh yes, I am looking forward to the "hands-on" help with breastfeeding at the hospital. (I suspect it is much less invasive than the birth itself, no?) Thanks for stopping by and the well wishes!