March 5, 2010

Phew!

All day yesterday I was paying close attention to the unusually crazy pulling and tugging that was taking place inside of my belly. Which way was the baby turned? For the first time since I could feel her, I had no idea. She spent the last 2 months head down, and was laying sideways before that ever since I could feel her kicks (I knew exactly where her feet were - and she would get fussy if I turned from one side to the other; this girl had strong preferences from waaay back :)

I spent quite some time on the phone, and finally today they were able to squeeze us in for an ultrasound. We rushed to the hospital, and on our way I felt very distinct kicks in the liver (who knew those would be considered a good thing!), and started thinking that she was head down after all.

The ultrasound confirmed my theory! We've additionally found out that she is practicing her breathing, has chubby cheeks, and my fluid volumes are still good. Oddly, they could not confirm if she was a girl (I guess it is getting pretty cramped in there!), nor could they tell me if I was making any progress dilating. Oh well, baby head down + doing well is all the good news I wanted today.

Resume trying to go into labor (although we have tried all the suggestions except the airplane one, and no dice). Lets hope this kid decides to come out soon!

11 comments:

Amelie said...

phew indeed!
Hope you'll get to meet her soon!

Julia said...

Dear Sciencegirl,

I have been following your blog for a while and would like to thank you for sharing both professional and personal experiences with us.
You are an inspiration!
Your little girl is very lucky to have you as her mom and I wish you all the very best.

Thinking of you from Europe.

Anonymous said...

Great news!!!

PUI prof said...

That is good news!

lin said...

after fooling you with the location of her head she is now fooling around with being a girl.... I look forward to hearing the stories about her out in the real world! This baby has character!

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Hooray!

I can just imagine you in a few years, trying to get your daughter out the door and ready for school, and her not wanting to leave until her clothes are arranged just so and she's ready for the world to see her. Clearly a very strong little personality is developing inside you!

PhizzleDizzle said...

i'm glad she's not breech!! hope she makes her entrance to the world soon!!! :):):)

makita said...

Yeah! I'm so happy she decided to turn after all, but I imagine it was very uncomfortable for you. All the best. Any day now!

hgg said...

great news, now let's hope the rest goes well too!

microbiologist xx said...

Yay for head down. Woohoo!

ScienceGirl said...

Thanks, all!