- Dye those hair roots;
- Pluck eyebrows for the first time in months;
- Find under-eye concealer to hide those circles;
- Find some earrings and a watch to look at in the meetings;
- Find the "fattest" pre-pregnancy pants that sort of "fit;" swear under my breath for having to hold it in all day, but choose to wear them nonetheless over the falling-off maternity clothes;
- Find pre-pregnancy button-up shirts; resolve to wear the shirts unbuttoned with a cami underneath to avoid popping all buttons in the boobage area (at least this inflation makes my tummy less obvious!);
- Break out some non-sneaker closed shoes (I have toenails?!? Those will have to be spring-readied later);
- Set everything out for the morning;
- Pack for work (don't forget the ice packs from the freezer in the morning!).
Wish Dovie a good (long!) night of sleep, and wish me luck. Hope y'all had a good Mother's Day!

13 comments:
Wow, today's the big day! Good luck. What is the little one doing? I think you said you and your husband can still watch her by working from home partially.
Good luck! Thinking of you today!
Good Luck! Don't worry about the watch, just take your laptop and blog like I do!
Good luck!
Hope it's been a good first day back!!
Wow, two months flew past! Good luck on your first week back at work!!
How's it going?! Hope all is well...
I hope it went well. I still have to fight back tears when I think about the first few days of leaving my children behind to go back to work.
congratulations and good luck getting back in the swing of things and juggling the new little one :)
I hope it went well!
I hope everything went OK and continues to do so. I feel your pain regarding the clothing issue. My biggest pants are so tight I look like a hooker when I try to squeeze into them. I have a couple of shirts that should work, but most of my summer shirts look vulgar with my giant chest. I am hoping a miracle happens between now and three weeks from now.
Hope it was okay for everyone involved!
Is Dovie in daycare or is your husband (or someone else?) looking after her at home?
Jennie - thanks! Dovie is watched by Hubby and I one day each, and 3 days by a relative (at our house); this does make returning to work a lot easier.
Rebecca - thanks!
Jewels - thanks! Most people at my work place don't bring laptops and work on them like everyone does at school, so I don't think I should stick out :)
SM - thanks!
MDO - people at work were really nice to me, which helped a lot!
The bean-mom - thanks! I know, time went by so quickly, yet so much has changed!
Cath - thanks! I think it went as well as it could have!
Makita - it's an emotional experience, isn't it? I am starting to think that the guilt may never fully go away...
Quiet - thanks! I was a bit disoriented at work, but as the week went on I started adjusting again to being there!
EGF - thanks! I think we all did ok; it should only get better from here, right?
MXX - I have resorted to wearing unbuttoned button-up shirts over a cami; it helps hide the increases in key areas. I wish I could tell you that I can see a big difference between a month ago and now, but my body mostly stayed the same... Since the engorgement is gone yet the size isn't, I am starting to think I may have to deal with the G(!) cup for awhile...
Amelie - Dovie gets to stay at home every day, shared between Hubby, a relative, and myself; this helps a lot - at least I don't have to worry about leaving her with new people for awhile!
Post a Comment